Limb lengthening: Consultation, Travel Plan and Preparation for Surgery
Limb lengthening surgery is a surgical procedure that has been successfully performed in a few countries in the world and is still not mainstream. For this reason, many people go to overseas countries such as Turkey, where limb lengthening surgery is affordable and performed by skilled surgeons with the highest success rates.
Here are the consultation, travel plan, and preparation stages of limb lengthening surgery:
1. First Contact and Consultation
The limb lengthening journey begins with the consultation phase. In this phase, You contact us and ask all your questions to our expert consultants. In your first communication with the consultant, you get general information about the surgery and our services.
If you want to move forward after your first contact with us, you can request a free private video session with the surgeon and ask your questions directly to him.
2. Travel Plan
After deciding on your surgery method and date, you prepare a travel plan. Your travel plan for surgery should cover the following periods:
- Pre-operative tests and examinations: 2 days
- Surgery and hospitalization: 5-7 days
After you are discharged from the hospital, you can return to your country and continue the lengthening phase at home or receive postoperative care and physiotherapy services from our professional health care team.
If you wish to continue the lengthening phase with us, your travel plan must include the following periods:
- Distraction (Lengthening) phase: 60-90 days (1 day for 1 mm lengthening)
- Consolidation and device removal: 1-3 weeks
After you make your travel plan, you book your flight ticket and send us your flight information. Our team will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel.
We must point out that Turkey is a safe and easy-to-go country. Turkey provides visa exemption or e-visa convenience to many countries as a leading health tourism destination. Our consultants provide necessary information about visa and temporary residence permits and assist you with the official procedures.
3. Preparation for Surgery
As with all surgical procedures, limb lengthening surgery requires preparation. We recommend that you pay maximum attention to what we mention below to have an easy and smooth lengthening experience
- Inform the doctor if there are any medications you use.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol at least one week before the surgery.
- Start doing stretching exercises a few months before or at least weeks before the surgery.
- Do relaxing activities and meditate if it makes you feel good.
- Eat balanced and sleep well.
When you come to Istanbul, you can take a free tour of this magnificent city before the operation and eat delicious meals in Istanbul's distinguished restaurants. Besides, You will need to pass a series of tests and examinations before surgery. These are:
- Ortho X-ray (Orthoroentgenogram): Orthoroentgenogram is an advanced radiography method that measures anatomical leg length and calculates leg-length discrepancies.
- Blood test
- Anesthesia Examination
- Bone density (if needed)
- Height Measurement
- General Health Examination
After all this, you will be ready for the surgery that will change your life. Although it may seem long and arduous, we make every step easy for you with our experienced team.
You are just one message away from us to reach your dream height. Contact us and book a free consultation now.
WhatsApp: +90 533 973 5289