Yuksel Yurttas, Associate Professor M.D.
Orthopedic Surgeon & Limb Lengthening Specialist
Yuksel Yurttas was born in 1973. He had medical education at Gulhane Military Medical Academy (GATA) and graduated in 1997. He had specialization training at the same academy. He served in Turkey's most elite military hospitals and performed hundreds of successful orthopedic surgeries, and serious combat injuries. After retiring from his military doctor career, he continued his career in a private hospital and pioneered the development of limb lengthening and complex reconstruction surgery in Turkey. Dr. Yurttas is a surgeon who performs limb lengthening surgery and teaches this procedure to new surgeons.
As one of the most experienced orthopedic surgeons in limb lengthening procedures, Dr. Yuksel Yurttas performs Precice Stryde, Precice 2, LON, Holyfix, and Ilizarov methods with the highest success rates. Dr.Yurttas has been accepting patients from all over the world as an Orthopedics and Traumatology Specialist at Esencan International Hospital in Istanbul since 2017.
- Trainee Doctor – GATA Trainee and Course Division, (1997-1998)
- 30 Yt. Infirmary Chief Medical Officer – 70. Mknz. P. Tug. 1. Tnk. tb. Command of Cizre/Sırnak, (1998-2000)
- Research Assistant, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Military Medical Faculty, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, (2000-2004)
- Cover. and Trav. Specialist, Girne Military Hospital, Cyprus, (2004-2006)
- Cover. and Trav. Specialist, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Military Medical Faculty, Cyprus, (2004-2006)
- Assist. Assoc. Dr., Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Military Medical Faculty, (2007-2012)
- Assoc. Dr., Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Military Medical Faculty, (2012-2016)
- Assoc. Dr., Private Esencan Hospital, 2017
- Faculty of Medicine Graduated from GATA MEDICAL FACULTY (1997)
- Place and Year of Specialization: GATA Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology (2004)
INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC COURSES
1) First and Emergency Aid, Emergency Medicine, Basic Life Support (Basic) Course. GATA First and Emergency Aid and Training Center 29 December -09 January 1998/Ankara
2) Basic Ilizarov Course 19-20 April 2001 Cukurova University Faculty of Medicine Adana
3) Advanced Ilizarov Course 13-14 April 2002 Cukurova University Faculty of Medicine Adana
4) Term Athlete Health Course. 11-15 November 2002. GATA Ankara
5) Infantile Hip Ultrasound Reading and Evaluation Course 27 December 2003
6) Microsurgery Course 19-23 April 2004 GATA Ankara
7) Pediatric orthopedics mobile advanced training course. 10-15 May 2004 Bursa-Eskisehir-Ankara.
8) 3rd Meeting of the ASAMI International. 27-29 May 2004. Istanbul
9) TOTBID-TOTEK Orthopedics and Traumatology Basic Sciences and Research Summer School. 21-24 August 2004. Konya
10) GATA First Orthopedics and Traumatology Days Minimally Invasive Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty. 27 November 2006. Ankara
11) AAOS-TSOT Education Program. April 24-26 2008 Antalya.
12) Orthopedic Trauma and Functional Fracture Treatment Course with International Participation 8 November 2008. GATA Ankara
13) MedCalcTurkey user training series-1. Introduction to clinical research: Design Analysis Publication. 22-23 November 2008
14) Ethical Approach Course in Clinical Research. August 8, 2009
15) Minimally Invasive and Locked Plate Osteosynthesis Course. 9-10 October 2009
16) MedCalcTurkey user training series-1. Introduction to clinical research: Design Analysis Publication. 22-23 November 2008
17) XXIII Course on Musculoskeletal Pathology. 8-12 February Bologna Italy.
INTERNATIONAL CONGRESSES AND SYMPOSIUMS
1) Ilizarov Applications in Upper Extremity Problems. 9. Istanbul Hand Club Scientific Meetings. January 18, 2003.
2) National Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Congress. 18-23 October 2003 Istanbul
3) 11th International Biomedical Science and Technology Days. 6-10 September. Ankara
4) Orthopedics Meeting. 12-16 April 2006. Antalya
5) TOTBID-TOTEK Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Education Congress. 4-5 November 2006. Ankara
6) National Prosthesis-Orthotics Congress with International Participation. 17-20 October 2007. Ankara
7) National Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Congress. 23-28 October 2007 Ankara.
8) Current Approaches in the Treatment of Cerebral Palsy Symposium. 2008 Ankara.
9) Orthopedics Meeting. 23-27 April 2008
10) Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Congress. 16-19 May 2008. Izmir
- Turkish Association of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- TOTBID Kecioren (Pediatric Orthopedics)
- TOTBID Arthroplasty Association
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Accurate, reliable, and fast consultation directly from the doctor's office. Our expert counselors and medical team will take care of you throughout your limb lengthening journey from consultation to full recovery.